Call for Artwork
Portland Society for Calligraphy needs a new look and we want to give our members the opportunity to get involved! We encourage you to participate in a contest for a new logo. Not only will the creator of the selected design have the pride of seeing their artwork represent our guild in the form of printed and digital media, but they will also be awarded an honorarium of $500 in the form of a check. You may enter more than one design, but each design must adhere to the submission criteria.
Deadline to submit is November 15.
Submitting your work
Your artwork should…
- Be easy to read
- Be elegant and timeless – expected usage 5 to 10 years
- Contain the words, “Portland Society for Calligraphy” in exact order
- Represent the mission and values of our organization
- Look great in black only, but can include one additional color
- Still appear crisp and legible when reduced to 1.5 inches
Be appropriate for…
- Website and social media
- T-shirts, aprons, and other wearable items
- Stickers and return address labels
- Must read as “Portland Society for Calligraphy”
- All designs must be submitted as scanned finished artwork (no thumbnails, sketches, tight comps, etc.), with a resolution of no less than 600ppi (1200ppi preferable)
- File types accepted are: .TIFF, JPEG (high-quality), color-separated .PSD, .AI, or .PDF files
- Submission size should fit within 8.5 x 11 inches
- All designs must be received no later than November 15, 2018
- Must be submitted by a member in good standing
A panel of five to seven judges will choose the winning entry. These individuals will have the necessary qualifications to understand what makes a good logo, and also have some expertise in calligraphy and graphic design. To remove the possibility of partiality, the judges will represent different age groups and backgrounds, and the name of the artist will not be visible on their submitted artwork. PSC Board members will not be eligible to be on the judging panel.
Please send entries to Meri Taylor
Artwork must be submitted by Thursday, November 15, 2018. The winner and their design will be announced in January or early February, 2019.
If you have any questions, please direct them to Sue Greenseth.