Sponsored by the Portland Society for Calligraphy
June 14* –17, 2018
*Optional – arrive on Thursday morning, June 14, for an extra day
Menucha is a magical place where you spend a weekend inspired by creative energy and kindred spirits. The beauty of the peaceful natural setting in the Columbia River Gorge (Menucha was fortunately spared from the wildfire), the ambiance of the lodge, and wonderful meals feed your creativity.
You can work uninterrupted for a whole weekend on a book, a class project, or an alphabet you never mastered… or try out new ideas shared by fellow calligraphers. All levels of calligraphy experience are welcome. Lots of sharing!! There is no agenda, no workshop pressure, just some designated meditative quiet periods to work, and lots of time to create and renew.
- Rest, relax and be revived
- Play guilt-free to your heart’s content
- Be totally inspired by the scenic beauty of the Columbia River Gorge – see www.menucha.org for photos and facility information
- Enjoy six (or nine) delectable meals, made from scratch
- Start new projects or finish old ones
- Partial scholarship available – please submit an application
We invite you to come and share in this relaxing and stimulating weekend that has been so special to all of us for fifty years. New participants are welcome to come enjoy this amazing weekend of sharing with fellow calligraphers.
Arrive in the morning on Thursday or Friday to set up your workspace and enjoy time meeting and greeting friends, old and new.
For more information, contact either of the co-chairpersons:
Christine Olsen, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Penelope Culbertson, email@example.com.