February 21 – 23, 2020
Sponsored by The Portland Society for Calligraphy
All levels of calligraphy experience are welcome.
Optional extra day – arrive Thursday, February 20 in the afternoon
Menucha is a magical place where you spend a weekend inspired by creative energy and kindred spirits. The beauty of the peaceful natural setting in the Columbia River Gorge, the ambience of the lodge, and wonderful meals feed your creativity. You can work uninterrupted for a whole weekend on a book, a class project, an alphabet you never mastered, or try out new ideas shared by fellow calligraphers. Lots of sharing! There is no agenda or workshop pressure, just some designated meditative quiet periods to work and lots of time to create and renew.
- Rest, relax and be revived
- Play guilt-free to your heart’s content
- Share with like-minded artists
- Enjoy two hours (one in the a.m. and one in the p.m.) of quiet time each day
- Be totally inspired by the scenic beauty of the Columbia River Gorge
- www.menucha.org for photos and facility information
- Enjoy six (or nine) delectable meals, made from scratch
- Start new projects or finish old ones
- Partial scholarships available (Apply Here)
We invite you to come and share in this relaxing and stimulating weekend that has been so special to all of us for fifty years. New participants are most welcome, and we encourage you to join us for this amazing weekend of sharing with fellow calligraphers.
Arrive on Thursday or Friday afternoon to set up your workspace and enjoy time meeting and greeting friends, old and new. Fellowship, sharing, and whimsy are in plentiful supply.
The cost starts at $209 for Friday arrival, $291 for Thursday arrival.
For more information, contact either of the co-chairpersons:
Christine Olsen, email@example.com
Penelope Culbertson, firstname.lastname@example.org