Sponsored by the Portland Society for Calligraphy
February 23-25, 2018
*Optional – arrive on Thursday afternoon Feb 22nd for an extra day
Menucha is a magical place where you spend a weekend inspired by creative energy and kindred spirits. The beauty of the peaceful natural setting in the Columbia River Gorge (Menucha was fortunately spared from the wildfire), the ambiance of the lodge, and wonderful meals feed your creativity.
You can work uninterrupted for a whole weekend on a book, a class project, an alphabet you never mastered, or try out new ideas shared by fellow calligraphers.
All levels of calligraphy experience are welcome. Lots of sharing!!! There is no agenda, no workshop pressure, just time to create and renew.
- Rest, relax and be revived
- Play guilt-free to your heart’s content
- Be totally inspired by the scenic beauty of the Columbia River Gorge – see www.menucha.org for photos and facility information
- Enjoy six (or nine) delectable meals, made from scratch
- Start new projects or finish old ones
- Three partial scholarships are available – please submit an application
We invite you to come and share in this relaxing and stimulating weekend that has been so special to all of us for fifty years. New participants are welcome to come enjoy this amazing weekend of sharing with fellow calligraphers.
Arrive on Thursday or Friday afternoon to set up your workspace and enjoy time meeting and greeting friends, old and new. Following dinner after your arrival, you are welcome to join us for a bit of fellowship, sharing, and whimsy.